Miscellaneous Name Lists
Lists of names of people living in the Upper Canada period (1791-1841) can be found scattered throughout all sorts of records that you might not think to search. When I come across such lists, I add them to my "miscellaneous" index.
At present this index includes the following lists of names:
The total number of people listed in the miscellaneous name lists is approximately 500
- several lists of names of people who had letters waiting for them at the post office (printed in Cobourg, Kingston and Niagara newspapers, 1811-1839)
- a list of people who had unpaid claims at Drummondville (in Niagara newspaper, 1839)
- a list of people who had accounts with a Willoughby merchant in the years 1802-1837
- a list of names of people who signed a statement in support of their Methodist preachers in Leeds in 1798 (there was a lot of anti-Methodist sentiment at the time)
- a list of students attending the "Old Blue School" at York in 1816
More records will be added as time and demand allows.